Judiciary also should come under CPA (Consumer Protection Act).
Its not only all the doctors but also all the citizen should read and share this.
– In Salman Khan hit and run case the Lower court judge and the High court judge had the same pieces of evidence to deal with.
– They also had the same Indian Law to abide by and most probably they had similar educational qualifications too.
Yet they interpreted the situation in absolute contrasting manner and gave verdicts which are poles apart.
– Just imagine what would have happened if a young doctor sitting in a Government Hospital catering to hundreds of patients in a day had diagnosed a celebrity patient presenting a gastric discomfort as Gastritis and another hospital had later diagnosed the patient to be having a Myocardial Infraction. Ima sure that the doctor would have been screwed and jailed.
– A Judge gets years to decide on a case unlike a Doctor who is expected to diagnose and treat everything in a blink of an eye.
– If a Doctor makes a wrong diagnosis can be prosecuted shouldnt a Judge giving a wrong verdict meet the same fate?
– If hospitals can be sued for not admitting poor patients shouldnt the courts be prosecuted for having lakhs of impending cases?
– It is not appalling that a judge taking 12 years to give a wrong verdict gets away unhurt and a doctor making one wrong mistake is screwed by our legal system.
– Doctors practice medicine which is more of an art than an exact science whereas law is 100% manmade, yet doctors are always expected to be right on all occasions.
– If Doctors and Hospitals have a duty towards society then does the Judiciary not have a responsibility towards the same society?
– If there is so much of hue and cry in media about Doctors and Hospitals charging huge sums from patients then why do we not hear a word on the fee that lawyers like Manu Singjvi and Jethmalani charge for their court appearances.
– Government often talks about putting a capping on the fees doctors charge for various procedure but there is no talks of putting a capping on the fees that these lawyers charge to get so called justice for their clients.
– If health is citizen’s rights then so is Justice. Shall we take our minds off worshiping false heros and think?
*** Judiciary Also Should Come Under CPA (Consumer Protection Act)